Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) is a particular form of contracting arrangement used in some industries where the EPC contractor is made responsible for all the activities from design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover of the project to the end-user or owner.
The initialism EPCM is also encountered frequently on international projects, but this is very different from EPC. EPCM is a services-only contract, under which the contractor performs engineering, procurement and construction management services.
This form of contract is covered by the FIDIC Silver Book  containing the title words EPC/Turnkey. Other abbreviations used for this type of contract are LSTK for Lump Sum Turn Key, EPIC for Engineering, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning and sometimes also EPCC which is short for Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning. Use of EPC is common e.g. by FIDIC and most Persian Gulf countries.
SHOOKA engineering services included following activities:
1. Preparation of the overall strategy of the projects in cooperation with other groups.
2. Detail Engineering of building, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
3. Project initial layout, conducting studies of phase 1 and 2.
4. Design of all engineering documents and detail design based on basic project documents.
5. Project supervision by cooperation with procurement department.
6. Preparing of project PMP.
7. Being in touch by project technical offices for solving issues if necessary.
8. Preparing tender document and technical negotiation with client.
9. Periodic visit of construction processes and factory inspection test.
With specific and remarkable capabilities within SHOOKA, we have successfully carried out various tasks for different industrial and non-industrial projects; sourcing material and equipment, procurement engineering services and appropriate commercial affairs. Based on our valuable experiences in engineering and commercial teams, our company offers the best quality and valuable procurement services, especially in Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industry.
SHOOKA policy (called “4B” policy) in procurement services and supplying material and equipment is summarized in four categories as follows:
SHOOKA believes in the durability of the equipment.
SHOOKA believes in providing customers with the best price offers
SHOOKA believes in cooperating with reputable manufacturers who provide high-quality products and reliable after-sales services.
Best Lead time:
SHOOKA respects the time schedule planned by our esteemed clients
Regarding our long-term cooperation and partnership with different reputable manufacturers around the world, SHOOKA is quite competent in supplying material and equipment based on client’s requirements and international standards. It should be noted that our procurement
services are accompanied by appropriate engineering services required.
We supply material and equipment in different disciplines.
1. Substation equipment installation, cabling, lighting, earthing, …2. Electrical unit equipment installation and commissioning3. F&G installation and commissioning4.Telecommunication system installation (Lane, F.O, Radio system, CCTV system, …)5. HVAC mechanical, electrical and instrument equipment installation6. HVAC duct and insulation installation7. Maintenance and over hall of the Gas turbine, Steam turbine, boilers, and HRSG8. Compressors and Turbo Compressors, High-pressure pumps and Hydraulic systems9. Heavy equipment installation10. Pipeline and support fabrication and installation11. Pipeline support fabrication and installation12. Steel structure fabrication and installation, insulation13. ITR equipment installation, cabling, …15. Unit equipment calibration and installation16. Engineering hardware and software, commissioning of control system (DCS & PLC)